BMW Bikers of Metropolitan YouTube Channel

General Discussion about BMW Motorcycles

BMW Bikers of Metropolitan YouTube Channel

Postby thanatos1224 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:33 am

BMW Bikers of Metropolitan Washington
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEQUtC ... AQD5dfwN9Q

Guess What! The BMWBMW Club now has their very own YouTube Channel. Thus far we have posted two short videos starring our very own Prez. If you happen to have comments and or suggestions about how the club can improve the channel here is one place to leave that comment or suggestion. If you have Club content you would like to have posted to the YouTube Channel here is a place to highlight the content for review. As with any adventure, we are just starting off so I am looking to my fellow adventurers to bring comments, suggestions, ideas and if possible some time.

Speaking with some of the club members at the awesome March 2018 Irish Tech Day. Some of them have connections to other BMW Clubs that also post videos so I know this could work. Some members have some knowledge of editing videos. Some know about lighting. I am looking for the club to help where they can..... What is your thoughts?

I encourage you to visit, share, subscribe to the YouTube Channel and leave comments there as well. If you get one nugget of information from the video please consider liking the video and vice versa if you did not. Believe it or not, the way YouTube algorithm works a view is a view and a thumbs up/down helps.

If you are wondering, as I am able I am personally willing to ride to a location to hold a camera, sweep a floor, take out the trash or just make coffee. I am a worker bee and as the saying goes, I am willing to put my time into something folks find valuable.

Update: Alrighty, Folks, For those that have videos you would like to contribute to our YouTube Channel please send me a PM. Please ensure to let me know the email address you would like to use to receive an invite to SLACK. Once you join I will add you to the YouTube-submissions group. Here is where you can post your files to upload to our channel.

Snow Day update: The purpose of the channel is still being developed but my goal is for it to showcase members enjoying life and sharing lessons learned and perhaps the occasion shenanegins. For those of us stuck at home due to this Spring Snow event I would like to encourage members to think if they have a video for the channel. Of course, with todays weather the bikes are not coming out. (but for the record I thought about it but my boss said no)

Thank you.

BMW Bikers of Metropolitan Washington
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEQUtC ... AQD5dfwN9Q
Last edited by thanatos1224 on Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
David & Carol
Just finding an excuse to ride
thanatos1224
Board Guru

Re: BMW Bikers of Metropolitan YouTube Channel

Postby JimVonBaden » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:22 am

JimVonBaden
Smooth Motorcycle Operator

Postby phil.ager » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:02 am

I'm Proud to be a part of this one -- I'm in the lead.... :rider:

The video was produced by Gidon, a CLOSE Friend of Avner {Y'all remember him don't ya - although he's over his fetish with BMW's} :mrgreen:

I accidentally stumbled upon this road when leading a threesome to the GreenRidge Dual Sport Rally several years ago.
It is actually called "Detour Road" by the locals in northern WV.

It was a beautiful spring day with many Redbud trees in bloom. Gidon did a tremendous job running his GoPro as Tail-end Charlie... =D>

ENJOY! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBDKTN9Mav0

P.S. Karen was stuck driving the old truck bringing her little Honda 230 thumper up to the Greeenridge campground. #-o

P.P.S. Registration for 7th Annual Green Ridge Dual Sport/Adventure ride is open.
Click here to register: https://www.stonealley.com/program/WMMA/group/GreenRidge
Note: there is an option this year so that if you're interested, you can shorten your ride to 65 miles.
Sign up today! Bring a friend! The event continues to grow and is a wonderful time, says Bill, the Rallymaster.
phil.ager

Postby thanatos1224 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:38 am

phil.ager wrote:I'm Proud to be a part of this one -- I'm in the lead.... :rider:

The video was produced by Gidon, a CLOSE Friend of Avner {Y'all remember him don't ya - although he's over his fetish with BMW's} :mrgreen:

I accidentally stumbled upon this road when leading a threesome to the GreenRidge Dual Sport Rally several years ago.
It is actually called "Detour Road" by the locals in northern WV.

It was a beautiful spring day with many Redbud trees in bloom. Gidon did a tremendous job running his GoPro as Tail-end Charlie... =D>

ENJOY! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBDKTN9Mav0

P.S. Karen was stuck driving the old truck bringing her little Honda 230 thumper up to the Greeenridge campground. #-o

P.P.S. Registration for 7th Annual Green Ridge Dual Sport/Adventure ride is open.
Click here to register: https://www.stonealley.com/program/WMMA/group/GreenRidge
Note: there is an option this year so that if you're interested, you can shorten your ride to 65 miles.
Sign up today! Bring a friend! The event continues to grow and is a wonderful time, says Bill, the Rallymaster.

Great Vid, just one question, is this music free or copyrighted? YouTube will block content that is identified by their algorithm to contain copyright infringement. And just so you know the channel can then receive a strike, too many strikes and the channel is shut down.
David & Carol
thanatos1224
Board Guru

Postby thanatos1224 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:08 pm

Good Question Jim, The easiest way is to send them to the owner of the channel for them to upload. Does the club have a place for club members to upload video content too? This would possibly be the easiest method in the beginning. I know you can upload a video to your account mark it private, send the link too, however, I think that would require the Admin to then turnaround download and the upload. If you want here is my YouTube Channel. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgylYA ... kncAIClLBA
Send my a private link to one of the videos and I see if this can be down within YouTube Too. Send me a text or hit me up on Slack so I know what to look for. Thank you so much in supporting this idea.
David & Carol
thanatos1224
Board Guru

Postby thanatos1224 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:39 pm

I received guidance from the Prez we will look at leveraging this clubs SLACK account as a place to submit videos targeted for our YouTube Channel.
bmwbmw.slack.com #youtube-submissions

The intended purpose is that Slack will be a central depository and clearinghouse for youtube submissions from BMWBMW Club members and affiliates. The site does leverage HTTPS and requires an invite. As soon as I get guidance on invites I will let the club know WHO to PM to request an invite. It is pretty straightforward to use slack and even easier to share files. Pretty much drag and drop. Here is a short video about SLACK https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duVAj8TqGRc
David & Carol
thanatos1224
Board Guru

Postby RocketMan » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:07 am

thanatos1224 wrote:
Great Vid, just one question, is this music free or copyrighted? YouTube will block content that is identified by their algorithm to contain copyright infringement. And just so you know the channel can then receive a strike, too many strikes and the channel is shut down.

Actually it seems they will identify it and ask you about it, but (at least in my case) as long as you agree that it is, they will still allow it. It may be a case where as long as you are not posting for or using it for profit they allow it. At least that's what happened when I posted three photo slide shows of my trip down and back to Natchez that contained works by various musical artists which I did give credit to in the introductory titles to each presentation. so far I have not received any notice from them I violated a rule or was hit with any sort of penalty.

RM
Fromerly MR. MonkeyButt now Mr. Breezy-Butt!
http://roadrunes.com

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts" - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

"I think you're a NUT!"- Tina
RocketMan
Board Wizard

Postby thanatos1224 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:32 pm

Alrighty, Folks, For those that have videos you would like to contribute to our YouTube Channel please send me a PM. Please ensure to let me know the email address you would like to use to receive an invite to SLACK. Once you join I will add you to the YouTube-submissions group. Here is where you can post your files to upload to our channel.

Jim, I sent you an invite already so you should be able to upload them at your convenience.
Last edited by thanatos1224 on Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
David & Carol
thanatos1224
Board Guru

Postby thanatos1224 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:35 pm

RocketMan wrote:
thanatos1224 wrote:

Actually it seems they will identify it and ask you about it, but (at least in my case) as long as you agree that it is, they will still allow it. It may be a case where as long as you are not posting for or using it for profit they allow it. At least that's what happened when I posted three photo slide shows of my trip down and back to Natchez that contained works by various musical artists which I did give credit to in the introductory titles to each presentation. so far I have not received any notice from them I violated a rule or was hit with any sort of penalty.

RM

Just food for thought YouTube does provide a lot of free music.
David & Carol
thanatos1224
Board Guru

Postby thanatos1224 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:26 am

Hey everyone, Since it is a snow day in the WMA how about working/submitting some on those videos for BMW BMW YouTube? I am sure you have that vid enjoying life may be running a favourite trail or perhaps of you eating up the miles? Maybe you recorded yourself fixing the bike? Or perhaps capturing some shenanigans with your friends?
David & Carol
thanatos1224
Board Guru

Postby bdimon » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:58 pm

Wow! so many submissions. I'm working at getting them uploaded.
Bruce Dimon
2020 F900XR
President :D
bdimon
Board Guru

Postby phil.ager » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:36 am

bdimon wrote:Wow! so many submissions. I'm working at getting them uploaded.

Good Job, Bruce, stitching together my various 'creek crossings.' They flow quite nicely when strung together. =D>
FYI, the glare on the water, and the slippery, round river rocks, made an easy challenge into something a bit harder
than you might think. But it was a well-behaved group of adults who had some fun on a "relaxed" on-road/off-road
outing. Lastly, this particular challenge was explicitly OPTIONAL. Some folks chose to just watch their compadres!

Depending on your throttle management and chosen path, it was either Easy or Hard! Staying nearer the down-
stream rocks yielded a shallower crossing and a smaller splash. :D
CIAO! P&K
phil.ager

Postby thanatos1224 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:23 pm

Yes, The water crossing was fun to watch... Makes me wonder if I will change my tires just for the SRR. Also FYI our very Prez video has ~400 views in just four days. Keep them coming....
David & Carol
thanatos1224
Board Guru

Postby phil.ager » Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:28 pm

Changing tires for the gravel roads available in the Thurmont area is Not Necessary! Just practice standing up and Moving Moesha!!! Hold the bars firmly but gently and let the bike find its own path through the water. I have another of Gidon crossing a true river in southern PA. I'll try to find it!
phil.ager

Postby thanatos1224 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:31 pm

Good Day Ladies and Gentlemen. Today is turning out to be a great day for a cool ride. Gertrude is spending today at the BMW Day Spa (aka MOD). So I was thinking while watching some reviews about the GoPro versus the Drift HD Ghost what members were taking advantage of today's weather? Who is perhaps going to lunch or just eating up some miles on the hi-way. Either way, if you are lucky enough to have the ability to record your travels and would like to share a great ride consider sharing it with the club.

I have been doing some homework about this thing called YouTube and apparently it is pretty straight forward when making a video for YouTube. Here are some of the top things to consider.
1. Take advantage of HD quality recording as possible. HD Pro, Sony, Drift
2. Leverage the free music and sounds from YouTube. Creator Studio
3. Use words in the title that a person would put in a search engine relating to Motorcycles. For instance, BMW, tricks, ADV, 6k maintenance, Oil Change, Club, Tech Day, tire change, motorcycling travels
4. Pick a neat frame of the video for the thumbnail, folks click on videos because of the thumbnail. They call it click bait.

So I hope you are enjoying this great day as Gertrude spends her day at the Day Spa. Cheers.

P.S. Our very own Prez video Trick to Putting a Motorcycle on its centerstand https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRHv2au7QTI has gotten more than 400 views. Go Bruce!
David & Carol
thanatos1224
Board Guru

Next

Return to General Chat