BMW Bikers of Metropolitan YouTube Channel

General Discussion about BMW Motorcycles

Re: BMW Bikers of Metropolitan YouTube Channel

Postby thanatos1224 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:26 pm

Hey Jim, If you could be so kind to post these videos to the slack youtube-submission thread we can upload them to the site. I am not able to figure out how to pull them down and the upload them back up. I clearly need remedial education. :-)
David & Carol
Just finding an excuse to ride
thanatos1224
Board Guru

Postby JimVonBaden » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:30 am

I'll see if I can dig up the originals. I may have published them straight to YouTube.

Jim :cool:
JimVonBaden
Smooth Motorcycle Operator

Postby phil.ager » Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:14 pm

Monsieur David:

Please check again for my newest uploads (with extra-long titles extracted out of PhotoBucket - which no longer supports free video hosting).

Merci Beaucoup! P&K :flask:
phil.ager

Postby thanatos1224 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:05 pm

The last postings I see is me on March 24, however nice photos in the random thread.
David & Carol
thanatos1224
Board Guru

Postby thanatos1224 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:35 pm

Good Evening Everyone,

I know that good weather is just around the corner. Okay maybe not tomorrow (calling for some rain and snow), but soon, I mean it is April already. When you are running about enjoying those gentle sweeping roads or perhaps taking on some of the local dirt roads think about capturing your adventure for posterity on our BMW Bikers Of Metropolitan Washington Channel.

And just so you know our very own Prez is still in the lead for views at 450 for his center stand trick video. I hope to see you tomorrow at the Club meeting at MOD I would like for you to comment on what you think about this activity and how we can get more involvement. Thanks for your time.
David & Carol
thanatos1224
Board Guru

Postby thanatos1224 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:37 pm

JimVonBaden wrote:I'll see if I can dig up the originals. I may have published them straight to YouTube.

Jim :cool:

Please do, thank you
David & Carol
thanatos1224
Board Guru

Postby JimVonBaden » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:34 pm

thanatos1224 wrote:

Good Question Jim, The easiest way is to send them to the owner of the channel for them to upload. Does the club have a place for club members to upload video content too? This would possibly be the easiest method in the beginning. I know you can upload a video to your account mark it private, send the link too, however, I think that would require the Admin to then turnaround download and the upload. If you want here is my YouTube Channel. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgylYA ... kncAIClLBA
Send my a private link to one of the videos and I see if this can be down within YouTube Too. Send me a text or hit me up on Slack so I know what to look for. Thank you so much in supporting this idea.

Can you send me a new invite?
JimVonBaden
Smooth Motorcycle Operator

Postby RocketMan » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:53 am

Do the videos have to be BMW related? I have some vids I made that are slide shows of a trip I took to Natchze on my NT700. Also have a cool time lapse of a cloud formation over Otter Peaks taken while on a MC ride down the blue ridge.
RM
Fromerly MR. MonkeyButt now Mr. Breezy-Butt!
http://roadrunes.com

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts" - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

"I think you're a NUT!"- Tina
RocketMan
Board Wizard

Postby thanatos1224 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:22 pm

JimVonBaden wrote:
thanatos1224 wrote:

Good Question Jim, The easiest way is to send them to the owner of the channel for them to upload. Does the club have a place for club members to upload video content too? This would possibly be the easiest method in the beginning. I know you can upload a video to your account mark it private, send the link too, however, I think that would require the Admin to then turnaround download and the upload. If you want here is my YouTube Channel. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgylYA ... kncAIClLBA
Send my a private link to one of the videos and I see if this can be down within YouTube Too. Send me a text or hit me up on Slack so I know what to look for. Thank you so much in supporting this idea.

Can you send me a new invite?

Okay, I removed you and sent you a new invite
David & Carol
thanatos1224
Board Guru

Postby thanatos1224 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:29 pm

RocketMan wrote:Do the videos have to be BMW related? I have some vids I made that are slide shows of a trip I took to Natchze on my NT700. Also have a cool time lapse of a cloud formation over Otter Peaks taken while on a MC ride down the blue ridge.
RM

From my optic, I do not see why not... send me a PM and I will send you an invite. Cheers.
David & Carol
thanatos1224
Board Guru

Postby thanatos1224 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:36 pm

P&K just shared two new neat vids of some local heroes showing off their riding ability at the Mortons open house. Check the YouTube Channel soon.

BMW Bikers of Metropolitan Washington
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEQUtC9ngw0-TAQD5dfwN9Q
David & Carol
thanatos1224
Board Guru

Postby bdimon » Tue May 01, 2018 7:10 pm

I uploaded the Rocketman's videos to the club's YouTube page. Thanks, Rocketman.

youtu.be/Kbuxzdkd6tQ
Bruce Dimon
2020 F900XR
President :D
bdimon
Board Guru

Postby bdimon » Tue May 01, 2018 7:17 pm

If you would like to embed a YouTube video in your forum post, there is a new feature to do that. When you are writing your post, click the little "YouTube" button among the formatting options. Paste the video's ID code, not the URL, in between the tags.

For example, you copied this URL from the YouTube page: https://youtu.be/y6dg1Btlk1U
The ID is just the "y6dg1Btlk1U" part. Paste that ID after the ".be/" in between the tags. Like this:

Code: Select all
[youtube]y6dg1Btlk1U[/youtube]

and this will be in your post:

youtu.be/y6dg1Btlk1U
Bruce Dimon
2020 F900XR
President :D
bdimon
Board Guru

Postby hojoos » Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:20 pm

I accidentally stumbled upon this road when leading a threesome to the GreenRidge Dual Sport Rally several years ago.
It is actually called "Detour Road" by the locals in northern WV.
hojoos

Previous

Return to General Chat