Candidate for President (Bruce Dimon)

General Discussion about BMW Motorcycles

Candidate for President (Bruce Dimon)

Postby bdimon » Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:46 am

I would like your vote for club president. I joined in 2012 after buying a used 2005 R1200RT and attending a Tech Day. Members sharing their knowledge and showing how to keep my bike running well impressed me. This year the Board of Directors asked me to be the Rides Chair and the Events Chair.

As Rides Chair, I expanded the monthly breakfast rides to three locations in Baltimore, Myersville, and Clifton. I organized the guided rides for the Square Route Rally and the self-guided route sheets. I wrote articles about rides for Between the Spokes and posted ride reports on the forums.

As Events Chair, I filled the club's online calendar with the club's events, nearby clubs' events, dealer events, and anything else that would be of interest to members. The calendar is both a long-term planning tool and a resource when you get an unexpected free weekend.

My goal as president will be to encourage member participation. We have a lot of members and I will encourage them to do one thing. A few of us will do a big thing like hosting a tech day. However, the strength of the club will be in the sum of a lot of small things done by many members. It can be a small thing like going for a ride and posting the info on the forum for others to join you. Write an article for the newsletter. Post a favorite road or restaurant.

To meet this goal, I plan to communicate more directly with members. We have the infrastructure already in place: newsletter, forum, email, and meetings. I’ll leverage it. No matter who is president, email your ideas to president@bmwbmw.org and share your rides with an email to events@bmwbmw.org.

I want to encourage us all to ride more. As Kurtis wrote in the last newsletter, “Make time for your motorcycling life, work it in and prioritize it.” I love riding and I will work at spreading that love with all the membership.

This year, I went to rallies hosted by the New Sweden Riders, Four Winds Riders, and Twin Valley Riders. I heard the same thing over and over. "Love the Square Route Rally. You guys are great." This is a great bunch of people and we have something great in this club. We will have a great 2017.

I would appreciate your vote. Thanks.
Bruce Dimon
2020 F900XR
President :D
bdimon
Board Guru

Re: Candidate for President (Bruce Dimon)

Postby JimVonBaden » Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:17 pm

You got my vote!

Jim :cool:
JimVonBaden
Smooth Motorcycle Operator

Postby eap » Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:40 am

Thanks for stepping up Bruce! Thanks to all the other candidates too!
eap
Chesapeake Bay Watershed http://www.chesapeakebay.net
"Over the Mountains Of the Moon, Down the Valley of the Shadow, Ride, boldly ride, E.A.Poe
14 R1200GS LC
01 R1150GS (100K smiles)
81 R80G/S (~50k smiles)
IBA # 60680
eap
Board Wizard

Postby Maria V » Sat Nov 26, 2016 5:46 pm

Bruce, thanks for stepping up! =D>
Maria
Retired Presidente
Kermit's Ride Rule: "Don't hit the person in front of you and no whining."
2009 F650GS - "Moose" Veni, Vidi, Vroom!
Maria V
Attack Ninja

Return to General Chat