2016 SRR success

General Discussion about BMW Motorcycles

2016 SRR success

Postby adooley » Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:20 am

Well, the 2016 SRR is done and was a success. I would like to personally thank Kurtis, Maria, Chase, Bruce, Greg, Taylor, Eric, and Chaz for their above the call of duty service in helping me put the rally together and make it a success! =D>
I would like to also acknowledge our sponsors for their contribution to our rally: Motorcycles of Dulles, Bob's BMW, Morton's BMW, Aerostitch, Battley BMW, Motorcycle House, Motoskiveez, Blue Ridge Motorcycle Campground, Rider Insurance!
Thanks to all our volunteers for assisting in the making the rally run as smoothly as possible. A big thanks to Greg for the fantastic and popular field events this year. It was a huge hit! If I have forgotten someone, my apologies. Thanks to all who attended and had a fun time!

Next year, we will have sledgehammer balancing as a field event:

Chase.jpg
Chase demonstrates his coordination skills
adooley

Re: 2016 SRR success

Postby bdimon » Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:10 pm

I had a great time. The weather on Saturday was perfect for riding and the grass was dry for the field events. The weatherman really is a pessimist. The beer and barbeque was delicious. I talked with a member who can host a club campout on his land. I love to camp.
Bruce Dimon
2020 F900XR
President :D
bdimon
Board Guru

Postby ChaseH » Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:50 pm

adooley wrote:Well, the 2016 SRR is done and was a success. I would like to personally thank Kurtis, Maria, Chase, Bruce, Greg, Taylor, Eric, and Chaz for their above the call of duty service in helping me put the rally together and make it a success! =D>
I would like to also acknowledge our sponsors for their contribution to our rally: Motorcycles of Dulles, Bob's BMW, Morton's BMW, Aerostitch, Battley BMW, Motorcycle House, Motoskiveez, Blue Ridge Motorcycle Campground, Rider Insurance!
Thanks to all our volunteers for assisting in the making the rally run as smoothly as possible. A big thanks to Greg for the fantastic and popular field events this year. It was a huge hit! If I have forgotten someone, my apologies. Thanks to all who attended and had a fun time!

Next year, we will have sledgehammer balancing as a field event:

Chase.jpg

Thanks to you too Andy, you also demonstrated excellent coordination skills keeping this together.
09 R1200 GS
14 S1000RR HP4

Scuba Travel & Motorcycle photos
http://chaseh.smugmug.com/
ChaseH
Where GS = Gone Skidding

Postby eap » Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:24 pm

i concur! Another fine rally! thanks to all for their hard work.

I'd like to suggest that the club acquire a large coffee urn Image to make the mornings so much smoother, and much easier for those on coffee duty.
eap
Chesapeake Bay Watershed http://www.chesapeakebay.net
"Over the Mountains Of the Moon, Down the Valley of the Shadow, Ride, boldly ride, E.A.Poe
14 R1200GS LC
01 R1150GS (100K smiles)
81 R80G/S (~50k smiles)
IBA # 60680
eap
Board Wizard

Postby RocketMan » Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:46 am

The club does (or at least did) have one that Jeanne and I donated when Jeanne's riding group disbanded several years ago. I brought it to one of the club meeting, either last year or year before to (I believe) either one held at George's shop or Morton's but we couldn't find it at the rally site.

RM
Fromerly MR. MonkeyButt now Mr. Breezy-Butt!
http://roadrunes.com

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts" - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

"I think you're a NUT!"- Tina
RocketMan
Board Wizard

Postby eap » Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:42 pm

RocketMan wrote:The club does (or at least did) have one that Jeanne and I donated when Jeanne's riding group disbanded several years ago. I brought it to one of the club meeting, either last year or year before to (I believe) either one held at George's shop or Morton's but we couldn't find it at the rally site.

RM

Thanks for that RM and for doing the coffee duties this year. The coffee urn was MIA last year too, so hopefully we can locate it or get another by the Octoberfest...
eap
Chesapeake Bay Watershed http://www.chesapeakebay.net
"Over the Mountains Of the Moon, Down the Valley of the Shadow, Ride, boldly ride, E.A.Poe
14 R1200GS LC
01 R1150GS (100K smiles)
81 R80G/S (~50k smiles)
IBA # 60680
eap
Board Wizard

Return to General Chat