Paint Protection Film

General Discussion about BMW Motorcycles

Paint Protection Film

Postby vsansal » Tue May 24, 2016 2:20 pm

When I first bought my R1200RT, I have immediately got paint protection film installed on the side bags and I am very glad I did that since they get scuffed a lot by passengers getting on and off the bike and the protection film prevented the paint job to get scratched. I always wanted some more protection like that on the tank and the front of the bike and I found this company that custom cuts paint protection film for motorcycles so that you can apply it yourself. The price is not too bad considering if you want to get it done some place with the labor it might go north of $1K. I got the full kit for my R1200RT with XPEL Ultimate (seems like the best out there and comes with 10 year warranty) which comes out to $140 which isnt too bad considering it covers most of the bike. It took me a good 4 hours to install all of it but once it is installed you can barely see it is there. The kit covers the entire front including the headlight, turn signals and the fender, the tank, below seat leg rub areas, side of the tank, front side panels and it also includes the side bag protection as well.

If anyone is interested here is the site

http://thetankslapper.biz/motorcycles/bmw/

They seem to have kits for most bikes.
2014 R1200RT
vsansal

Re: Paint Protection Film

Postby ERC Scott » Wed May 25, 2016 9:27 am

Great idea and thanks for the feedback. You might consider writing a review for the Spokes. These articles on cost-effective options are really appreciated by the readers. Scott
2016 R1200RS
2005 R1200 GS
2015 1290 SuperDuke-R

You don't choose your life, you live it.
ERC Scott
Board Wizard

Re: Paint Protection Film

Postby vsansal » Wed May 25, 2016 10:16 am

Thanks Scott. I might do that.
2014 R1200RT
vsansal

Return to General Chat